How do I choose between seeking treatment at a hospital, with my regular doctor, or calling a private surgical center?

Patients who need emergency care for facial trauma will be treated in a local emergency room as soon as possible after the accident or incident. However, follow-up treatment is handled by your own doctor or a local specialist.

Patients often seek treatment at the Surgical Arts Centre following a trip to the emergency room because they are looking for specialized care by a physician who is familiar with similar cases and who is intimately experienced with the needed procedure. For example, a person who breaks their jaw in a motorcycle accident will initially be taken to an ER for evaluation or treatment. But follow-up care, which may involve correcting his bite, can be done by a doctor who specializes in oral and maxillofacial surgery.