When patients are in search of the best procedure to improve the appearance and health of the skin on their face and neck, there are an ever-growing number of options to choose from, ranging from non-invasive spa treatments to full facelifts. In this post, we will take to Surgical Arts Centre cosmetic surgeon Dr. Clark O. Taylor about one of the treatments he recommends most: CO2 laser resurfacing.
What is CO2 Laser Resurfacing?
CO2 laser resurfacing is one of the oldest types of cosmetic laser treatments for the face. It is an ablative (invasive) procedure that uses lasers to remove old or damaged skin from the face.
Laser resurfacing works best for the treatment of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles.
- Age spots.
- Liver spots.
- Acne scarring and other scarring.
- Texture irregularities.
- Skin laxity.
- Dull tone.
When CO2 laser resurfacing was first introduced, it involved significant recovery time as well as a relatively large number of side effects, such as scarring. However, over time and with the introduction of new techniques, the CO2 resurfacing that Dr. Taylor utilizes eliminates both of those downsides.
Dr. Taylor uses platelet-rich plasma as a tool for healing and recover. Blood is drawn from the patient and the platelets are extracted from the blood. The resulting plasma, which approved by the FDA to aid in growth and healing, is sprayed on the patient’s face after the procedure. A special dressing is then placed over their face for 48 hours after the procedure. This wound care reduces patient time from 7-10 days to 2-3 days. It also drastically reduces redness, scarring, and other side effects and complications.
The Benefits of CO2 Laser Resurfacing
“The results of CO2 laser resurfacing are the gold standard,” said Dr. Taylor, who recommends the procedure to his patients who are looking for the best long-term results at the most economical price.
The benefits of CO2 laser resurfacing over other options include:
- Long-term results. The results of CO2 laser resurfacing are as permanent as possible, aside from the normal aging of the skin. Patients who carefully care for their skin after their procedure can benefit from their treatment for many years.
- Number of sessions. Non-invasive treatments can have good results, especially when combined and after multiple sessions. But CO2 laser resurfacing only needs one treatment for its full effect.
- Price. While stand-alone non-invasive treatments may be less expensive, the value of CO2 laser resurfacing is clear, especially when you consider how many non-invasive procedures you require to achieve the same results.
- Low risk and short recovery. With the platelet-rich plasma spray and special aftercare dressing, you can recover from treatment in a matter of days.
Schedule A Consultation Today At The Surgical Arts Centre
Dr. Taylor has decades of experience with cosmetic procedures including CO2 laser resurfacing and has helped hundreds of patients look and feel better about their skin. We invite you to contact our Missoula, Montana, facility today to find out more about whether you are a good candidate for CO2 laser resurfacing. Call us at (406) 549-6600 or fill out this short electronic form.